Many banks are offering some type of relief, but it’s often on a case by case basis. It’s worth contacting your bank if you’re facing any financial hardship to discuss your options.
Call your credit card company if you expect to be late with a payment and ask to remove late payment and interest charges. Most credit card companies and banks will waive these fees if you just call and ask them. If you find initial resistances to your request, be persistent until you get what you ask for.
Here are some additional ways you might be able to get help from your bank. Ask them!
- Credit card limit increases
- Removal of any late, overdraft, or maintenance fees
- Loan payment deferral for the next 90 days
- Home or auto foreclosure relief for the next 90 days
- Removal of CD early withdrawal penalties
- Mobile check deposit limit increases
- Mortgage hardship assistance